As an Associate Worker you are expected to work closely with Key Workers and their clients, providing personal care, maintaining therapeutic programmes, and participating in the individual programme planning process. You are expected to familiarise yourself with cases and provide informed support to the team. You will give medication to clients in line with the Company’s medication policies. You will follow instructions from the Home Manager and Keyworker, and undertake household tasks, maintaining a safe, clean and healthy environment for clients. You must vigilantly seek out all risk assessments and reactive management plans with regard to aspects of health and safety and client behaviour on a regular basis without prompting, ensuring that you understand and can implement them effectively. You are expected to escort and support clients’ activities outside the Home, which may involve occasional over-night stay, away from the home, in support of clients visits to friends or relations. Your position will require regular training which you must undertake at the discretion of the Employer and you are obliged to attend compulsory monthly support meetings with the Home Manager to address your performance and other work related issues.
- Provide regular feedback about clients rehabilitation programmes to Key Workers.
- Maintain client care/ rehabilitation programmes following guidance and support from the Key Worker.
- Assist in teaching and supporting clients in all aspects of daily living, including personal care, by following their individual care plans.
- Develop a spirit of friendship with clients, maintaining unconditional positive regard.
- Assist Key Workers, by way of regular discussion, to develop clients’ weekly activity schedules and assist in maintaining them.
- Maintain an effective time management regime.
- Assist Key Workers research the environment in order to identify suitable resources to support client life-career development.
- Facilitate and enable clients to build a fulfilling life.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for clients.
- Establish a comfortable, homely environment for clients.
- Work within the statutory regulations and conditions relating to Residential Homes.
- Administer medication to clients after appropriate training.
- Respect the rights, privacy and dignity of all clients with whom you work.
- Assist clients maintain and develop external relationships.
- Assist clients manage their financial affairs.
- Adhere to prOKare policies and procedures (a copy of which is held in each home and which is introduced to employee’s during their initial induction).
- Complete a full induction programme and attend monthly education sessions which form part of the contracted hours.
- Work flexibly, to suit demands in the home. This will include working occasional nights when necessary to cover sickness/ absence or leave of the home’s night staff. Such nights will be set on the rota by the Home Manager.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties. Employees are expected to be receptive to changes and new aspects of their work as it evolves. The Company reserves the right to vary your duties and responsibilities at any time and from time to time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
If you are interested in applying for this position please click here to view our application form.